Heat Mat Decoupling Membrane - A high specification decoupling carrier membrane for use with loose underfloor heating cables
Heat Mat's decoupling mat operates as a high quality anti-fracture membrane that is usually fixed to the sub-floor with a thin-bed water-based adhesive. The membrane acts as a holder for the cable and as a decoupling matting.
Heat Mat's decoupling membrane is designed for use specifically with our 3mm PKC range, and is ideally suited for use under tiles. Installation is fast, there is no need to use double-sided tape to secure the cables, the cable will simply slot into place between the studs allowing cables to be quickly and evenly spaced where the heat is required most in the room. Heating cables are usually fitted at an output of approximately 145W/sqm by a 3 stud spacing on the membrane.
- Quick to install, there is no need for additional fixing materials such as double-sided tape
- The membrane protects the cables during the installation of floor tiles and trowel work
- The output can be altered to ensure heat is concentrated in areas that need it the most
- We recommend planning out the space beforehand to ensure the cable is distributed as required
- Cut the matting to size to cover the floor area - Decoupling membrane is available in 15m² or 5m² rolls and 1m² panels
- In bathrooms or wet rooms seal the joins between mats to prevent any water ingress
- An adhesive should be used to fix the membrane to the floor base
- Low profile, the decoupling membrane is only 6mm thick