160W Underfloor Heating Mats
Our popular 160W/m electric underfloor heating mats are high-quality, trusted by installers and homeowners nationwide and easy to fit.
A professional fast-to-fit system designed to provide energy-efficient floor warming in all rooms, and a full heating system in well insulated areas.
This award winning electric underfloor heating mat range can be used beneath virtually any type of floor covering ensuring luxurious warm floors whatever your chosen floor finish. Our technologically advanced wire design delivers minimal build height combined with a robust high-powered heating cable.
160W mats offer a versatile and fast reacting underfloor heating system:
- Designed to provide floor warming in all rooms and sole source heating in well-insulated areas
- Integrated earth shield (unlike carbon films), allowing safe installation in wet areas including bathrooms
- Ideal for tiled floors, and also perfect for use beneath carpet, bonded wood and vinyl surfaces (if covered with a levelling compound)
What are the benefits of installing 160W/m2 underfloor heating mats?
- Simple cut and turn design
- Suitable for use under almost any floor covering
- Available in a wide range of sizes
- Part L and 17th Edition compliant
- Designed and made in Denmark
- Covered by our lifetime warranty
Underfloor heating mat systems react faster and are more energy efficient when used with an intelligent thermostat timer.
For more information or a quote please contact us.
Simple and speedy installation
Heat Mat electric underfloor heating mats are incredibly simple to install, and in large areas can take one third of the time a loose heating cable would take to fit. The mats can be cut and turned to ensure that they fit the room perfectly, and for particularly complicated areas the cable can be stripped from the mat and laid as a loose cable. The mats readily affix to the floor with four strips of double-sided tape, and the strong fibreglass mesh above the cable ensures it is protected during tiling.
Suitable for nearly any floor covering
If you are unsure of the final floor covering, 160W mats can be fitted and then covered by a flexible levelling compound allowing a huge range of final floor coverings to be fitted on top including tiles, carpet, wood and vinyl.
Energy efficient solution
160W heating mats are extremely efficient at converting electricity into heat. They can be powered from renewable energy sources. Our NGTouch thermostat has energy saving features and displays usage in £'s and pence helping to ensure your system runs efficiently.
We manufacture our high-quality heating mats and cables in Denmark, Germany and the UK.
Our electric underfloor heating mats are supplied with a Lifetime Warranty and independently BEAB and Semko approved.
Technical Data for 160W mats
- General Construction: Dual conductor wire with earth
- Supply Voltage: 240V
- Power Output: 160W/sqm
- Output Range for 200W mats: 179W-2290W
- Maximum Load: 20W/m
- Standard Range: 1.1m2 - 14.7m2
- Mat Dimensions: 0.5m wide x 1.4m to 29.4m
- Maximum Cable Temperature: 90 °C
- Approvals: CE Marked and BEAB system approved
- Wire Thickness: 2.7mm to 3.2mm depending on Ohm Value
- Cable Flexibility: Minimum allowable cable radius is 18mm
- Power Range: 120W to 1973W
- Approved in accordance with: EN 60335-1:1998, EN60335-2-17:1999, IEC 60730
- IP Rating: IPX7
- Thermal Conductor: 2 x resistance wire insulated with fluoropolymer (FEP 7Y) tested to 200°C
- Outer Insulation: PVC (Y) tested to 90°C
- Coldtail Lead: 4m double insulated cable
- Earth Protection: 100% aluminium earth shield
- Reinforcement Materials: Fibreglass wire
- Reinforcement Mesh: Fibreglass mesh
- Fixing Material: Three rows of double sided tape
- Reinforcement Mesh: Fibreglass mesh
160 W/m2 Mat Product Codes and Sizes
|Product Code ||Size in m2 ||Length in m||Width in m||Wattage||Resistance|
*These mats are not currently BEAB approved, but are manufactured to the same standards.