Combymat Overlay Boards. Allow use of combymat heating mats beneath carpet and vinyl floors
Combymat Overlay Boards are pre-coated with adhesive and allow the Combymat heating system to be installed beneath carpet, vinyl, linoleum and bonded board floors, without needing to cover the heating system with a levelling compound. The Overlay Boards provide a strong, stable and smooth floating sub-floor.
By enabling a dry installation without any wet trade the system saves installation time and costs and also minimises build height; the total build height of the Combymat System with underlay, and the Overlay Boards, is only 13mm. Carpets can be fitted the same day as the Overlay Board installation is completed, any other floor surfaces must be fitted between 24-48 hours after laying the boards.
Each pack of boards covers 2.88m² and for rooms below 10m² we recommend supplying boards to cover at least 15% more than the room area to allow for off-cuts.
For rooms above 10m² we recommend ordering boards to cover 10% more than the room area, but for particularly complicated shaped rooms we recommend 15% more than the room area.
Overlay Board Features
- Enables carpet, vinyl, linoleum and bonded board floors to be laid onto underfloor heating without any wet trade
- Dry and dust free installation
- Creates a very stable, floating sub-floor
- Very simple to install - boards are pre-coated with a contact adhesive for speedy installation (saves significant time on installation compared to using mats and a levelling compound)
- Heating system and overlay boards can be installed in a single day
- Supplied in 2.88m² packs
- Boards increase build height by only 7mm, roughly half the thickness of a levelling compound
- Boards are not suitable for use in wet areas such as bathrooms or wetrooms
- Boards must be acclimatised in the room where they will be installed for at least 48 hours prior to installation